Created in 2013, Lydia quickly became the reference for payment between friends. The French fintech has gained great notoriety for this feature and now has more than 7 million users.In recent years, Lydia has developed other services - pot, current account, common account, savings, credit, investment... to become the daily and complete payment application for millions of French people.
With 250 employees based in Paris, Nantes, Bordeaux and Lyon, Lydia has set itself the task of changing the codes of the bank by offering all the essential services to manage your money on a daily basis through a simple, accessible and enjoyable customer experience.
As the leader of all Core Banking Programs, you will play a critical role in building a leading financial service for millions of europeans. Your primary responsibility will be to manage a team of talented engineers in designing, building our robust and scalable core banking infrastructure.
What you will do:
- Lead and manage several teams of engineers in the design, development, testing, of our core banking system.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, operations, and compliance, to define and prioritize the roadmap for core banking development.
- Implement engineering best practices, development standards, and processes to ensure high-quality and efficient software delivery within your scope and promote those practices globally.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in the core banking infrastructure, identifying opportunities to enhance scalability, security, and performance.
- Foster a culture of technical excellence and mentorship, providing guidance and support to team members to maximize their potential.
- Monitor project timelines, resource allocation, and deliverables to ensure successful and timely completion of core banking initiatives.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and partners involved in core banking system integrations, ensuring seamless collaboration and adherence to project goals.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory requirements related to core banking systems and leverage this knowledge to drive strategic decision-making.
You are in the right place if you have :
- Proven experience managing software engineering teams within a financial institution or any other sensitive environment
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing high-performing engineering teams
- Expertise in project management methodologies and tools, with a track record of successfully delivering complex projects on time and within budget.
- Strong knowledge of modern software development practices, including agile methodologies, continuous integration/delivery, and test-driven development.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions and prioritize effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure, microservices architecture, and modern software technologies such as APIs, containers, and data analytics.
- Bonus: Deep understanding of financial industry trends, regulations, and compliance requirements related to core banking systems
Hiring process in 4 steps:
- Step 1: Interview with the talent acquisition team
- Step 2: Interview with the CTO
- Step 3: Interview with Core Banking leads
- Step 4: Exec interviews
*At Lydia, we believe that diversity is a strength. Diversity is part of our culture and identity. We want to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value to the company. Lydia is therefore proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical characteristics (size, weight ... ).age, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.