With over 6 million active users and an impressive 5,000 new customers joining every day, Lydia aims to become one of Europe’s leading financial services organizations. Founded in 2013, Lydia has been recognized as one of France’s most promising start-ups through its recent inclusion into the "Next 40" ranking.
After raising €112 million from investors in 2020, we have plans to accelerate our European deployment while continuing to offer additional innovative solutions. From top-security contactless mobile payment to a wide array of app-based services, Lydia puts people at the center of the digital banking experience
Part of our hyper growth strategy is centered around attracting top talent to help us nurture our ongoing success. We are now looking for our new Legal Counsel (apprenticeship). You will join the Legal team, under the supervision of the Head of Legal and the Legal Counsel, in charge of responding to all legal matters raised by the hyper growth of Lydia in France and in Europe.
What you will do :
- Ensure that all our products are properly framed from a legal perspective, especially regarding our regulatory obligations,
- Provide legal guidance and develop solutions to product development and expansion,
- Assist on a daily basis the Marketing team in the preparation of various campaigns,
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements,
- Work closely with the Compliance team, especially regarding regulated activities.
You are in the right place if :
- You have a prior experience as an intern or apprentice with a top-tiers law firm or bank/fintech, and you have a strong interest in business and banking law,
- You are fluent in both French and English,
- You are able to deliver high quality work in a short time frame,
- You love to work on a wide range of legal issues,
- You have strong written (including contract and legal drafting) and oral communication skills in French and English ;
Type of contract: apprenticeship (« alternance ») of 12 months.
At Lydia, we believe that diversity is a strength. Diversity is part of our culture and identity. We want to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value to the company. Lydia is therefore proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical characteristics (size, weight ...), age, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Recruitment Process :
- Phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Specialist,
- Interview with the Legal Counsel,
- Interview with the Head of Legal.